Include external source but still filter
I will be building an Intranet for my company and will be including search results for the intranet and other external sites. I am able include the external sources but am not sure to how to both include it and set search filters for the local intranet. Is there a rule that says to include external media so I can set filters for the Sitecore data (like by template or location). We are using Coveo for Sitecore
In a Coveo Search page properties, there's a field called Names of External Sources. You could simply set the name of your external source there.
Adding filtering or boosting rules will not filter on these external sources.
I'm actually seeing this exact same behavior even today and I'm used this package, "Coveo for Sitecore 72 3.0 (758).zip", and CES version 7.0 x64 Build 7104.0
My test is this:
- Create new page using the provided "Coveo Search Page (MVC)" insert option
- Add my external source names to the "Names of External Content Sources:" field in the Coveo Search View properties
- Observe that NONE of my externals are present in result set, only Sitecore items are present
- Remove all pre-defined "Filter expression rules:" entries; no rules remaining
- Observer that ALL of my externals are present in the result set, as well as my Sitecore items
If I add even a single "Filter expression rules:" entry, all of the externals are removed from the search results.
It's been driving me crazy. I thought it was 'working as intended'.