Gravatar for erkan.yildiz@avanade.com

Question by erkany, Mar 9, 2015 2:29 PM

Search returns no results

Hi,

We are using Coveo for Sitecore 7.5 - v 75 3.0 (863). On one of the environments ( multi server 1-CA and 2-CDs ) for one of our production sites - the search returns no results.

When I visit http://[siteurl]/coveo/rest - I see "totalCount":26727 and a lengthy JSON

When I search on site and check developer tool on chrome I see "totalCount":0 in the response.

In my search I am only adding one custom parameter - which I know works on other environments and sites. The custom parameter is a sitecore field which exists on all pages.

Here is the query:

aq:((@syssource==("Coveowebindex - snf-sc-prod-ca1-EMSPRODCA1") NOT @ftemplateid43987==("adb6ca4f-03ef-4f47-b9ac-9ce2ba53ff97","fe5dd826-48c6-436d-b87a-7c4210c7413b"))) (@fbrand43987==EMSHome) cq:(@flanguage43987=="en" @fz95xlatestversion43987=="1")

Is there anything else I can check? Can I mimic this search on CES server ? ( The custom param is fbrand43987)

Thanks

1 Reply
Gravatar for lbergeron@coveo.com

Answer by Luc Bergeron, Mar 9, 2015 2:41 PM

You can use the Index Browser in the CES Admin Tool (Content > Index Browser) to try the query. If the query returns results in the Index Browser, but not in Sitecore, it may be a permission issue. If the query returns no results in the Index Browser, it would look like a query issue.

I hope this helps.

Gravatar for erkan.yildiz@avanade.com

Comment by erkany, Mar 9, 2015 2:49 PM

Thank you - how am I gonna try the query? Dump all the query text in the search box? aq cq etc.. ?

Gravatar for lbergeron@coveo.com

Comment by Luc Bergeron, Mar 9, 2015 2:52 PM

Yes, you can paste the aq, cq, q into the query box and see what it returns.

Gravatar for erkan.yildiz@avanade.com

Comment by erkany, Mar 9, 2015 4:00 PM

I got: "No results found for aq:((@syssource==("Coveowebindex - snf-sc-prod-ca1-EMSPRODCA1") NOT @ftemplateid… "

anything else I can try?

Gravatar for lbergeron@coveo.com

Comment by Luc Bergeron, Mar 9, 2015 4:13 PM

It looks like some field is missing on your documents. You can try to split the query and see which parts returns results and which one doesn't. Also, you can search for documents you are expecting in the results. Try to see if fields are missing (or they have invalid or bad formatted values). You can see the result fields by clicking Details > Fields from the Index Browser.

Unfortunately, you need to do trial and error to troubleshoot this kind of issue.

Gravatar for erkan.yildiz@avanade.com

Comment by erkany, Mar 9, 2015 5:09 PM

Thank you ! The issue was "web" db conn strings were different across CA and CD servers. Once I fixed it the results started showing up

Ask a question