Sitecore Content Delivery, referencing Content Management index causing exception
- Sitecore 7.5, using Sitecore Azure Module, our own MongoDB, Coveo environment in Azure
- Multiple instance Content Management (CM) farm - Azure PaaS Cloud Service Web Roles
- Multiple instance Content Delivery (CD) farm - Azure PaaS Cloud Service Web Roles
- Community Edition Coveo installed - Azure IaaS VMs: 1 Master, 1 Mirror
- CM Databases: Core, Master, Web, Reporting + MongoDB databases/collections for xDB
- CD Databases: Core (shared with CM), Web (Not shared w/ CM)
- CM Indexes: Coveo-CM-core-index, Coveo-CM-master-index, Coveo-CM-web-index, Coveo-CD-web-index
- CD Indexes: Coveo_CD-web-index w/
section removed from index config (maintained via CM)
Indexes are being managed and queried successfully, across both CM & CD farms.
We are seeing repeated exceptions in the Sitecore logs on CD instances that suggest a process is attempting reference an index for the CM environment. No instances of the CM index name found in the CD configs.
Heartbeat 2015:04:30 13:14:07 ERROR Exception while handling event Sitecore.ContentSearch.Events.IndexingFinishedEvent Exception: System.ArgumentException Message: Index Coveo_CM_master_index was not found Source: Sitecore.ContentSearch at Sitecore.ContentSearch.Events.IndexingEventHandler.UpdateIndexTimestampDirectHandler(Object sender, EventArgs args) at Sitecore.Events.Event.EventSubscribers.RaiseEvent(String eventName, Object parameters, EventResult result) at Sitecore.Events.Event.RaiseEvent(String eventName, Object parameters) at Sitecore.ContentSearch.Maintenance.EventHub.<>c__DisplayClass16.<Initialize>b__b(IndexingFinishedEvent event) at Sitecore.Eventing.EventProvider.RaiseEvent(Object event, Type eventType, EventContext context)
The only thing that I can come up with so far is that CM & CD are sharing the same Core database and there may be something miss-configured in CD that is attempting to run a task or pipeline based on something in the shared Core database.
Any ideas what configuration(s) may be causing this exception and what the resolution might be?
For anyone finding this post, running Sitecore 7.x; here's the Sitecore KB article & resolution: https://kb.sitecore.net/articles/398869
The error is raised by the handler set on the
indexing:end:remote event. I guess the error can be ignored.
Also, Sitecore seem to have fixed this issue in Sitecore 8.0.
The ArgumentException was thrown on processing "indexing:end:remote" and "indexing:committed:remote" remote events for the index not registered on the current instance. This has been fixed so that now events for nonexistent indexes are ignored. (424174, 423875)