Can't access search admin
Getting "HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable" when I try to browse Coveo Enterprise Search Admin. Could not find details about the issue. My server is running multiple application and I have tried following so far:
- Made sure Application pool for search admin application is started
- Restarted the Website
But these didn't not fix the issue yet. However, from even log, I found application error on ModelTagger.exe but I can run FacetAdminTool. In the front end I can access "edit this interface" in Do More but If I change something I get blank page with "Object moved to here." then page stuck on nothing.
I need to resolve this issue as soon as possible to make some changes through admin page. Any helpful suggestion please.
Finally, I was able to resolve the issue. I have tried all the possible solutions to resolve this but didn't work any of them.
- checked WAS and W3SVC
- checked process w3wp and bound application pool
- checked each sites status…. phew!
However, I noticed from the event log, this issue has been started after I had windows update on my server. So, I have restarted the server and all good!
I made a few tests on my side. The most probable reason that I see would be that the application pool would be stopped. When you say that you checked whether the "application pool for search admin application" was started, I wonder if there could be some confusion about the different applications pools. There are 2 "admin" sites in IIS:
- Coveo Enterprise Search 7 Admin (aka the Administration Tool)
- Coveo .NET Front-End 12 / SearchAdmin (aka the Interface Editor, this is the one for when you click Do more > Edit this interface)
Each with its distinct application pool:
- CESAppPool admin (Administration Tool)
- CESAppPool Front-End (Interface Editor)
What is the name of the application pool that you checked? And what is the name of the IIS web site that you restarted?