Gravatar for x@x.com

Question by coveo_admin, Oct 21, 2015 3:47 PM

Coveo SitecoreUsername, SitecorePassord and RabbitMQ username and password recurring error

Hi,

I've installed Coveo for Sitecore a few weeks ago and have to keep repeatedly setting the Sitecore Username and Password and RabbitMQ username and password in order for the Diagnostics page to be all green. What happens is I set the information and everything works great, but after a period of time I receive the following error and must reset it. Any idea what may be resetting it?

Server Error in '/' Application. 

There was an error in the Coveo Index Configuration.: Either the SitecoreUsername or SitecorePassword configuration value is invalid. Please enter valid credentials. 
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: Coveo.Framework.Exceptions.CoveoIndexConfigurationException: There was an error in the Coveo Index Configuration.: Either the SitecoreUsername or SitecorePassword configuration value is invalid. Please enter valid credentials.
1 Reply
Gravatar for slangevin@coveo.com

Answer by Simon, Oct 22, 2015 10:29 AM

This is usually caused by a provisioning mechanism to push the App_Config folder automatically. Do you have this type of process?

The reason is the following. We encrypt the passwords in the Coveo.SearchProvider.config and bind the key to the Sitecore instance where the password was set. This key is generated under the \Data\Coveo folder. If the config file is modified, and the encryption changed, that key won't be able to read it.

So if you are provisioning, make sure to also push the encryption key.

Regards,
Simon

Gravatar for x@x.com

Comment by coveo_admin, Oct 22, 2015 3:09 PM

We do have an automated deployment process but being told by our Developers (and verified timestamps on files) that no Coveo related artifacts are checked in or overwritten as they are not checked in to source control. For example, we just did a deploy and everything is working now. So the issue does not seem to align with deployments.

Gravatar for slangevin@coveo.com

Comment by Simon, Oct 23, 2015 6:19 PM

Strange, the process is pretty simple, the Coveo control in Sitecore uses the key in the data folder to encrypt the password in the Coveo.SearchProvider.config file. Then the search component uses the same key later to decrypt it.

So apart from a deployment process mentioned earlier, I do not see what could cause this. I would suggest to contact Coveo support: https://coveocommunity.force.com/s/support

Ask a question