Configuring coveo for indexing sitecore_analytics_index
Hi, Currently, we have an OOTB Index - SitecoreAnalyticsIndex (Lucene) which contains all the Analytics data indexed for reporting purpose.
We need to configure our sitecore CM Server and Processing Server such that we can use the Coveo for indexing our Analytics data instead of Lucene.
I have read all that is in this link ( https://developers.coveo.com/display/public/SC201505/Understanding+the+Analytics+Index+and+xDB ) and have a few questions :
- Where does the index information for sitecoreanalyticsindex needs to be added (Sitecore.ContentSearch.Analytics.config or Sitecore.ContentSearch.Lucene.Index.Analytics.config ?
- How do we configure the Processing Website installation to use the coveo index for adding/updating/deleting analytics data ?
- How does the CMS (reporting feature) read from the sitecoreanalyticsindex (coveo) and not lucene?
It is not recommended to use Coveo for the Sitecore Analytics index because it will decrease the performance of your other Coveo indexes used to deliver a great search experience to your end users. We recommend using Lucene or SOLR for the Analytics index.
To answer your questions:
- There used to be a separate
Coveo.SearchProvider.Analytics.configfile. This file was never included in Coveo for Sitecore out of the box. Customers needed to contact us to get it. This file is not available anymore.
- I'm not an expert in Sitecore analytics. I don't know this answer.
- A Coveo index with the id attribute the same as a Lucene index is registered in Sitecore before the Lucene one declared in a file that is alphabetically later. The Lucene one won't be registered in Sitecore because an index with the same id is already registered. Thus, Sitecore will use the Coveo index instead of the Lucene index.