Gravatar for josh.vohs@vml.com

Question by jvohs5, Dec 10, 2015 1:10 PM

No search results returned on Sitecore page from CD instance

I've read several similar questions here and I am still unable to resolve my issue.

I have an instance of Sitecore where a CM and CD instance exist on the same server in separate sites. CES is installed remotely. When I query from the search page on the CM site, I see the query go through in the CES console as my Sitecore account. The expected results are returned. When I switch tabs to the search page on the CD site, I see the query is requested by extranet\Anonymous, but 0 results are returned.

I've checked the effective permissions on the documents in the source I'm querying. They show Anonymous as being allowed. Even so, I added a couple allowed users to the Source's permission section; extranet\Anonymous and also the SitecoreUsername account I've specified in the Coveo.SearchProvider.config. I also cleared the external security cache and updated the cache.

Not sure that it matters, but these servers are in a workgroup configuration. I have a Coveo mirror attached, but it's not configured to receive requests yet. I'm on Sitecore 8.0 (rev. 150812) and Coveo for Sitecore 3.0 1188.

Gravatar for slangevin@coveo.com

Comment by Simon, Dec 10, 2015 5:15 PM

This is strange. On the CM server, if you try the search page with private browsing (Incognito in Chrome), does it show extranet\anonymous in the Console? So you see results?

1 Reply
Gravatar for josh.vohs@vml.com

Answer by jvohs5, Dec 10, 2015 5:27 PM

I was seeing results in that scenario. I actually just figured this out. I am utilizing Sitecore's config file patching to change Coveo's default Coveo.SearchProvider.config. Turns out my SourceName parameter patch was going into the wrong configuration node, which doesn't exist anymore (I swear it used to):

<configuration type="Coveo.SearchProvider.Configuration.CoveoSearchConfiguration, Coveo.SearchProvider">

The correct node is:

<configuration type="Sitecore.ContentSearch.ContentSearchConfiguration, Sitecore.ContentSearch">

Throwing the SourceName parameter into the correct node resolved the issue on CD. Strange (or maybe not) that it was working on CM even with the incorrect (read: missing) SourceName parameter.

Gravatar for jflheureux@coveo.com

Comment by Jean-François L'Heureux, Dec 11, 2015 10:19 AM

The type of the <configuration> node changed between the October 2015 and December 2015 releases of Coveo for Sitecore to fix an indexing performance problem. This is why your patch file has to be updated.

Ask a question