Question about uninstalling CES 6.2
I am preparing to uninstall an old version of CES for a client, specifically, this is version: Coveo Enterprise Search 6.1 x64 (3846), and it is installed on Windows Server 2008 R2.
The oldest version that I could find any uninstallation guidance on was 6.5 at the following URL: https://onlinehelp.coveo.com/en/ces/6.5/administrator/uninstalling_ces.htm
On this page, there is a note about UAC and etc:
Important: For an installation on Windows Server 2008 where the User Account Control (UAC) is activated, you can only uninstall CES using the original CES installer (ex.: Coveo Enterprise Search 6.5 x64 (4280).exe). The following procedure works only if you deactivate the UAC.
My questions are:
- Is it required that I actually have the executable that was used to do the original install as opposed to just Add/Remove programs?
- If the answer to (1) yes, is it possible to obtain the installer file for Coveo Enterprise Search 6.1 x64 (3846)?
- Since we are on Win Server 2008 R2 (as opposed to 2008), is the note about UAC being disabled still relevant?
As always, Thanks!
- If the CES install kit is no longer on the server, trying to uninstall will probably fail. To confirm, you could try to uninstall via Add/Remove programs in the Windows Control Panel to see if it displays an error. But see point 2…
- Here is the link to download that version: http://download.coveo.com/download/CES/6.1.3846/x64/Coveo Enterprise Search 6.1 x64 EN (3846).exe
- Yes, it is relevant.