Gravatar for nbo@oxygen.dk

Question by nbo, Jun 8, 2016 2:02 AM

COVEO_LINQ_TO_COVEO_INDEX_EXCEPTION InvalidCustomField - After upgrading from build 1226 to 1266

Hi guys!

I have a rather big issue, that I hope you can help me resolve. I've recently been tasked with upgrading Coveo from 1084 to 1266. This has gone quite well, and I've reached 1266 yesterday. Sadly though, it seems my search index is now broken.

I believe I've updated my configuration correctly, here is a snippet:

<configuration xmlns:patch="http://www.sitecore.net/xmlconfig/">
    <sitecore>
        <coveo>
            <defaultIndexConfiguration type="Coveo.Framework.Configuration.CoveoIndexConfiguration, Coveo.Framework">
                <fieldMap type="Coveo.SearchProvider.CoveoFieldMap, Coveo.SearchProvider">
                    <param desc="coveoReflectionFactory" type="Coveo.Framework.Utils.CoveoReflectionFactory, Coveo.Framework" />
                        <fieldNames hint="raw:AddFieldByFieldName">
                            <fieldType fieldName="Description" settingType="Coveo.Framework.Configuration.FieldConfiguration, Coveo.Framework" isFacet="true" isSortable="true" includeForFreeTextSearch="true" />
                        </fieldNames>
                  </fieldMap>
             </defaultIndexConfiguration>
        </coveo>
    </sitecore>
</configuration>

I get the following exception: alt text

I've tried a full reindex, both from Sitecore and Admin interface. But that didn't change anything.

Do anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

Gravatar for jflheureux@coveo.com

Comment by Jean-François L'Heureux, Jun 8, 2016 8:40 AM

Hi,

Your configuration snippet seems correct. Are you sure this configuration file is valid and used by Sitecore at runtime? If the XML of this file contains errors, it won't be loaded by Sitecore at all. You can confirm by loading the /sitecore/admin/ShowConfig.aspx file and inspecting the final Sitecore configuration. Also check the logs of a Sitecore startup. They will contain information about invalid config files.

Thanks,

Jeff

1 Reply
Gravatar for flguillemette@coveo.com

Answer by François Lachance-Guillemette, Jun 22, 2016 11:14 AM

The version you upgraded for changed the way fields are selected in a new pipeline (as seen in the documentation)

Since the field is correctly configured, what probably happens here is that the field you are trying to fetch is called "Description", and is excluded by the ExcludeFieldsFromConfigProcessor in the coveoIndexingGetFields pipeline since the Description field is excluded by default from the configuration.

To validate this theory, you can either try to comment out the ExcludeFieldsFromConfigProcessor or remove the "{8C980A06-4059-4939-9C6F-A10F751CEB64}" tag in the "list:ExcludeField", and then reindex any item to synchronize the configuration.

Meanwhile, we will look at this issue on our side.

Gravatar for nbo@oxygen.dk

Comment by nbo, Jun 27, 2016 1:07 AM

@flguillemette, that is what I figured out. But thanks for the response :) I don't believe it is stated clearly that the "list:ExcludeField" is suddenly working, but luckily it was an easy fix!

Best regards Nicolai

Ask a question