Sitecore WildCard Multi Site Architecture for Coveo
There is a very mature Sitecore Instance with Multi Site(Multi Sites per Language) and Content is outside of the Site content tree and is at a Global space where all Language related versions and content is maintained.
How can we configure Coveo to support this structure to ensure -
1. When we have a search page on a specific site, it will only return results related to that site and nothing more.
2. We do have a specific field on the item that determines whether an item is valid for a language/culture or not and we would like to consider this as well to ensure we never show an item on results that is not relevant.
3. How about the URL generation? Currently, for an Item LinkManager is modified, so, we do get back correct URL based on what item is requested. Would it work seamlessly when Coveo starts crawling this content or do we need to be cautious around this?
Any thoughts on these in general, I do see some blogs and vague Q&A, but, would love to know a deeper example of actual implementation.
I have developed the same requirement, please find my response on your points:
1) It will help to suggest better way, if you can share Sitecore structure to understand well and also what information you are displaying on your search page.
2) Yes correct, like "Include In Search" checkbox field used sync to Coveo
3) I have also created a computed field to generate itemurl for each item. And for Coveo crawling you have to update ClickableUri field. by adding coveoPostItemProcessingPipeline processor.