Gravatar for nstephens@hhogdev.com

Question by nickstephens, Oct 29, 2015 12:52 PM

RabbitMQ Queued Messages from Index Rebuild Not Processing/ Live Monitoring not udpating

We finished indexing all our indexes from Sitecore and noticed that, after adding items to Sitecore, the corresponding indexes were not being updated automatically on Coveo with Live Monitoring enabled. We can see from the Sitecore logs that the item is updated and an index rebuild for the corresponding index kicks off and completes. However, from the Coveo perspective, we see no information in the logs to suggest that any item was passed.

We took a look at the RabbitMQ queues and noticed a large number of Queued Messages sitting in "Ready" and 1,000 messages sitting in "Unacknowledged" with no messages being processed. Based on some of the other questions related to this issue I've verified that the memory in RabbitMQ is showing 748MB, the high water mark is 6.4GB and the server itself has 16GB. So it doesn't look like we're passing the halfway point of available memory on the server based on the high water mark.

I also don't see any errors being logged in the CES7 directory related to RabbitMQ connections.

I'm not sure if the live monitoring issue is related to this RabbitMQ issue, so that's why I've incorporated them in the same question for now.

Gravatar for jflheureux@coveo.com

Comment by Jean-François L'Heureux, Oct 29, 2015 3:07 PM

Can you give us your exact build numbers for Coveo Enterprise Search and Coveo for Sitecore please? This issue was present in older releases and is already fixed in newer releases.

Gravatar for nstephens@hhogdev.com

Comment by nickstephens, Oct 29, 2015 3:37 PM

Coveo for Sitewcore: 3.0.1116.0 CES: 7.0 x64 Build 7814.0

Gravatar for slangevin@coveo.com

Comment by Simon, Oct 30, 2015 10:37 PM

If you Disable and then enable Live monitoring again on the sources, does it clear the Queue and index the messages?

Gravatar for nstephens@hhogdev.com

Comment by nickstephens, Nov 2, 2015 2:03 PM

I think we've resolved the filled queue issue. After disabling/re-enabling the live monitoring, we received a bunch of errors for items about permissions or existence.

However, we're still experiencing the issue where updates/adds/deletes in Sitecore are not being pushed over to Coveo. In order to have them updated, we need a full rebuild of the indexes from the Control Panel

1 Reply
Gravatar for nstephens@hhogdev.com

Answer by nickstephens, Nov 4, 2015 9:42 AM

We've resolved the issue with the live monitoring not updating based on Adds/updates/deletes from Sitecore. There was a configuration problem related to the strategies defined in the search provider configuration. Once we updated the strategy to match the OOTB Coveo config, we began receiving the updates in Coveo.

The strategies were removed for development environment purposes and these changes had been migrated up to the CMS environments as well.

Thanks for the help!

Ask a question