Computed fields not getting computed - external config
I am trying to migrate a number of Lucene indices to Coveo. However, I ran into an issue early on. The information about the indices is being pieced together from a number of config files. One such index, itself in a separate config, references another config file which among others contains the declaration of the computed fields in a custom
configuration tag. After changing the index definition as per the instructions located here, I then change the
ref attribute (Step 5) to point to the custom configuration instead of the default one. The problem is now that the computed fields aren't being indexed, even if I change the configuration
type attribute to
Coveo.SearchProvider.Configuration.CoveoSearchConfiguration, Coveo.SearchProvider. Is it even possible to proceed like this? Or is the process described in here the only way of adding computed fields to Coveo? Thanks in advance for your reply.
Coveo for Sitecore version information
Current Coveo for Sitecore version: 3.0.1123.0
Current Sitecore version: 7.0.130918
You can patch computed fields using a separate configuration file. The thing is that you cannot patch them per index, but patching the
defaultIndexConfiguration element works. For example, I can patch in a computed field using this include file.
<configuration xmlns:patch="http://www.sitecore.net/xmlconfig/"> <sitecore> <contentSearch> <configuration type="Coveo.SearchProvider.Configuration.CoveoSearchConfiguration, Coveo.SearchProvider"> <defaultIndexConfiguration type="Coveo.Framework.Configuration.CoveoIndexConfiguration, Coveo.Framework"> <fields hint="raw:AddComputedIndexField"> <field fieldName="customAllTemplates">Sitecore.ContentSearch.ComputedFields.AllTemplates, Sitecore.ContentSearch</field> </fields> </defaultIndexConfiguration> </configuration> </contentSearch> </sitecore> </configuration>
I hope this helps