Date slider facet configuration: facet field not found when configuring date slider
For a customer, we are trying to insert a Facet Date Slider, and we have been given the approach listed below to accomplish this.
However, based on the configuration snippet in 1), we are not able to select the field from the dropdown in step 4), because the field does not show in the list. We have tried re-indexing and restarting Coveo, among other things, but without.
I suspect we are missing a computed field definition in the 'Coveo.SearchProvider.config' before adding the field-by-field-name definition. Can anyone point us in the right direction as to why the Published Date field is not found in the dropdown list for field on the Date Slider Facet?
The reason we need a new field to begin with is to search across different datasources where the data format differs.
Date Facet slider :
Make the Date field as a Facet and of Date Type.
Go in the Content Editor and index 1 single item. This will send your new Field to the CES Fieldset.
Add a Facet field based on your new field (Donât forget to add the Tab Id property to link your facet to the tabâ¦ like the other facets in your implementation).
Add the facet on your Search Interface:
Can be many thing:
- The Date Picker takes the list of facet item -> Your field must have a facet item defined.
- It tries to find the field in Sitecore templates -> if you have a field called published date with a non date type, it will be detected first.
- If the field is not found, it will look at Sitecore Special fields and then at your configuration -> make sure there is no typo in the name of the field and that the return type is properly set.
- There was an issue with fields starting with an "f" in versions prior to March 16.
- Any exceptions that might be related in your logs?
If nothing works, you can still change the type of the control to a simple drop-down with the facet folder as its source. Then, every facet items should show up.
I have the same problem.