Coveo HTML Index items with custom URLs
We are implementing a client's search indexing. We have a couple of cases where we have items that use a Custom URL resolver.
First case is bucket items, where we remove the bucket folders from the item URLs. Â The second case we organized people into folders with letters based on their last names, and we remove that letter. Â We are, by default, indexing the HTML of items.
The items are being indexed as I can see them in my Test Org indexes (SE Test Org). Â The problem is that Coveo is indexing the Sitecore item instead of the HTML. Â We are returning absolute URLs, so they are at least being indexed, but we ultimately want to index the HTML.
Coveo uses the URL of Sitecore items to index the HTML of Sitecore items. If you do not get HTML on your items, this means the Clickable URI of your documents (in the Coveo index, not in your search pages) does not resolves on the actual document.
- To get special URLs that suit your taste, I suppose you coded a custom LinkProvider. Is that the case?
- In the Coveo index, what is the format of the clickableUri on your documents?
- Can you actually reach your items with this URL?
- You tagged Sitecore 8.2 => you are using C4SC 4.0.450?
I see 2 possible causes to your problem:
- The code of your custom LinkProvider.
- Your sites configuration.
Hm…looks like the clickable URL isn't resolving on the web database but it does on the master.
And yes I'm using the latest version.