How to use coveo cloud index for existing sitecore eCommerce application?
I have existing website which is default one that comes with sitecore ecommerce module. It has search implemented with lucene. I want to use coveo search index.
Please guide how to do that. At present, the code is written with queries to get the results.
To add Coveo for Sitecore search to an existing commerce website it is recommended to:
- Download the latest version of Coveo for Sitecore. It is currently version 4.1 with the Coveo for Sitecore Hive framework for UI development. https://developers.coveo.com/x/voD2AQ
- Install Coveo for Sitecore. https://developers.coveo.com/x/B4QAAg
- Index commerce content. Because the default crawler root of the Coveo for Sitecore indexes include only items under `/sitecore/Content` and `/sitecore/Media Library/Files`, you will have to patch the index configurations. https://developers.coveo.com/x/kIQkAg
- Replace the Lucene/Solr based search interface components by Coveo for Sitecore Hive UI components. Because Coveo for Sitecore comes with a different UI framework that does not use LINQ/Content Search API back-end code to execute queries, you have to replace the website search components you already have in place. https://developers.coveo.com/x/Qog9Ag
- As you re-create the UI experience, you might need to create some computed index fields, configure fields to be facettable or sortable and various other configuration tasks.